-Lindsey
-Demigod
-Pentagon
Mods:
-K00laid

Forum Mods:
-Collide
Proximity PKZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Proximity PKZ

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forums - My Opinion

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1random Forums - My Opinion Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 pm

meeko

meeko

Hey, firstly really good job with the forums! Very Happy Loving it. Just a few suggestions/topics to point out. I've had 2 years being a webmaster, and used a wide array of softwares, including the current one. But, I'm not hating - just stating my opinion. Smile

Point 1:
Forumotion

free forum hosts are very restricting, and don't do too well in the long one. If you ever decide to move away, it's going to be hard. Therefore, before you're started maybe host your own copy of the forum to use?

Point 2:
PhpBB Sad

Just from personal opinion/experience Phpbb isn't the best software. If/when the server gets big I highly recommend:

invisionpower . com
vbulletin . com

But until then, a very nice software (should you choose to switch ofc)

mybb . com

Flexible, loads of plugins, fast, not resource intensive, and gives loads more features. Again, not saying you SHOULD just recommending it for thought So don't take this the wrong way please. Smile

Next, maybe get the theme to match the website - that would be awesome. Lastly, try and post a bit in the forums. That way it instigates discussion. Wink

2random Re: Forums - My Opinion Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Lindsey

Lindsey
Administrator
Administrator

opinion/suggestion noted

Thanks for the feedback!

https://proximitypkz.forumotion.net

3random Re: Forums - My Opinion Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 am

Ryutoh

Ryutoh
Owner
Owner

Hey Chaos. I see where your coming from, I'm not much a phpBB fan either but aslong as it works. Atm ProximityPKZ is still sort of small, if it ever does get much MUCH larger then I'll consider upgrading to another forum. For the time being though, this is perfect for us. Its free, it doesn't have to be hosted, and if the server/site go off these will remain on.

http://proximity-rs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum